Welcome to Year 6!
Our team consists of:
Mrs Shepherd - Class Teacher
Miss Mathews - Teaching Assistant
I hope you are remembering to do your daily activities from your Easter Revision booklets.
At the bottom of the page I have added some Spring Activity booklets that you may want to dip into.
Mrs Shepherd and Ms Mathews
This half term we are working on: -
Light and Electricity
This half term we have a Science focus.
We will be focussing on:
- Recognising that light appears to travel in straight lines.
- Using the idea that light travels in straight lines to explain that objects are seen because they give out or reflect light into the eye.
- Explaining that we see things because light travels from light sources to our eyes or from light sources to objects and then to our eyes.
- Using the idea that light travels in straight lines to explain why shadows have the same shape as the objects that cast them.
- Associating the brightness of a lamp or the volume of a buzzer with the number and voltage of cells used in the circuit.
- Comparing and giving reasons for variations in how components function, including the brightness of bulbs, the loudness of buzzers and the on/off position of switches.
- Using recognised symbols when representing a simple circuit in a diagram.
Our PE lessons this term will be Circuit Training on a Tuesday afternoon and Games on a Friday afternoon but please make sure your PE kit is in school all week.
Home Learning will be issued on a daily basis, to be completed that evening ready for the next session. Spellings will continue to be issued on a Friday and to be completed and handed in by Wednesday. They will be given a weekly LSCWC spelling pattern sheet and activity sheet to be completed in pencil or blue pen.
Although Y6 are no longer using the Renaissance Reading scheme, they are still expected to read at least 2 / 3 times a week at home and record it in their planner.
The PTFA have purchased a great times table package for the school called 'TT Rockstars'. There are lots of different areas the children could go into including the ‘Garage’ or ‘Studio’. The Garage is a training mode where they work through the tables (recommended) and the Studio is random questions up to the 12x12 times table. Ultimately, we hope this makes learning the times tables fun while they become more fluent and knowledgeable in their times table recall. They can also earn ‘coins’ to update their avatar rock star!
If you have any concerns, or question, please do not hesitate to contact us. We can be reached through Class Dojo or our class e-mail account ( email@example.com), or the school telephone number. We are usually in the classroom most days after school , or from 8.40am in the morning.
Mrs Shepherd & Ms. Mathews
Key dates for your diary: