Welcome to Year 5!
This year our team is...
Mr Western (class teacher)
Mrs Chapman (Teaching Assistant)
Mrs Stephenson ( Teaching Assistant)
This half term we are working on: -
Light and Electricity
This half term we have a Science focus.
We will be focussing on:
- Recognising that light appears to travel in straight lines.
- Using the idea that light travels in straight lines to explain that objects are seen because they give out or reflect light into the eye.
- Explaining that we see things because light travels from light sources to our eyes or from light sources to objects and then to our eyes.
- Using the idea that light travels in straight lines to explain why shadows have the same shape as the objects that cast them.
- Associating the brightness of a lamp or the volume of a buzzer with the number and voltage of cells used in the circuit.
- Comparing and giving reasons for variations in how components function, including the brightness of bulbs, the loudness of buzzers and the on/off position of switches.
- Using recognised symbols when representing a simple circuit in a diagram.
You can get in touch with us in the usual ways such as phoning the school office, sending a Dojo or popping in before and after school.
Key dates for your diary:
6th Jan - 14th Feb ~ Term 3
25th Jan Year 5 class assembly
17th - 21st Feb ~ Spring Break
24th Feb - 27th March ~ Term 4
25th March ~ Easter Service
Friday 27th March ~ End of term